Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Pasta Fagioli Soup

I got this recipe from my ward cookbook. It's really good! I only made half the recipe and as you can see, I substituted in pinto beans. I also didn't have any V-8 on hand so just did without it.
1 lb. ground beef
1 small onion, diced (1 c.)
1 large carrot, julienned
3 stalks celery, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can (15 oz.) red kidney beans
1 can (15 oz.) Great Northern beans
1 can tomato sauce (15 oz.)
1 can (12 oz.) V-8 juice
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1-2 c. water
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. basil
1/2 tsp. papper
1/2 tsp. thyme
1/4 lb. pasta
2 cans diced tomatoes (14.5 oz.)
Brown ground beef; drain fat. Add onion, carrots, celery and garlic, saute for 10 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, except for pasta and simmer for 1 hour. Add pasta the last 15 minutes of cooking. Serves 8-10 generous portions.

No comments: