2 cups macaroni - cooked and drained
cheddar cheese ( old/sharp is best) coarsely grated. - amount really depends on how cheese you want it. I probably used 2 cups. We used 1 cup medium cheddar and 1 cup mozzarella.
White Sauce:
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
2 cups milk
salt and pepper to taste
Melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour with a wire whisk until smooth. Very gradually add milk, stirring smooth with each addition. Stir well until sauce bubbles. Add salt and pepper to taste. Assemble:
In buttered casserole dish, place a layer of cooked macaroni.
Pour white sauce over to cover.
Sprinkle with grated cheese.
Repeat layers ending with cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until it bubbles at the edges.Repeat layers ending with cheese.
I've tried a few different recipes for homemade mac and cheese and this is my favorite. It's super easy and was soooo yummy!! I don't know if it was the combination of two cheeses (cheddar and mozzarella) or what but it was really good.
No comments:
Post a Comment