5-6 c. bread flour or wheat flour
2 1/2 c. warm water
2 Tbsp. oil
1/3 c. honey
1/2 Tbsp. dough enhancer
1/2 Tbsp. salt
1 Tbsp. SAF yeast
In kitchen aid mixer, put water, oil, honey, enhancer, salt and half of the flour. Mix on low speed. Put in yeast and the rest of the flour (so that dough is cleaning the sides of the bowl, it will be sticky). Let in knead on low speed for 5 min. Cover and let rise for 15 min. Divide in half and shape into loaves on a cutting board or counter greased with oil. Put into two well-greased bread pans. Cover and let rise about 30 min. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 min. Brush tops with butter while still hot.
***Update: Since I've been making this regularly, I've found that I prefer the bread when I use 1/2 Tbsp. vital wheat gluten instead of the dough enhancer and drop the yeast to 2 1/4 tsp. The bread comes out a little denser and chewier!
No comments:
Post a Comment