Sunday, February 22, 2009

What we ate this week

Monday-Mom's Chicken Noodle Soup
Although I didn't make my own noodles like mom.


Tuesday-Chicken Rolls
Of course we all know you make chicken noodle soup next day is chicken rolls.
We like to put vegetables in ours, broccoli, red peppers, yellow peppers. Today was green peppers.

For some reason I always have crescent rolls left over so I made these, it's just pie filling with cream cheese (if I'm not in a hurry I mix the cream cheese with a little bit of powdered sugar).

Wednesday-Lasagna
Yup the best easiest lasagna, thanks Coralie.

Thursday-Tortilla Casserole
Trent found this recipe at work, he loves it.
1lb hamburger
1 onion (diced)
1 Sm can green chilies
1 Sm can spicy green chilies (optional)
1 can diced tomatoes with diced chilies
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 2lb brick Velveeta Cheese (cut into 1/4 in. slices)
1 pkg. 6-8 small corn tortillas (cut in quarters)
1 can pinto beans
Directions:
Brown hamburger with onions. In a 9x13 casserole dish layer: Tortilla pieces, hamburger mixture, pinto beans, Velveeta, green chilies, another layer of tortilla pieces. Mix in separate bowl can of tomatoes with green chilies and cream of chicken soup. Layer mixture on top of the tortilla pieces.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375* for 45 minutes or until Velveeta cheese has melted completely.
You can make this not hot, kinda hot, and cry your eyes out hot, depending on the amount of green chilies you use. If you use only one small can(normal) not hot,2 small cans(normal) kinda hot, and 1 small can(normal) and 1 small can(spicy) really hot!
We also like beans in our family and putting 2 cans of pinto beans actually made it a layer instead of little spots here and there.
Friday-Shiskibobs in a pan with noodle salad
Since we don't have grill I just cut up all my stuff like I would put on a shiskibob put marinade on it (tonkatsu sauce). Then I throw it in my pan and cook it all together. I usually make rice and eat it on top of that but this time I just made mom's noodle salad.
Saturday-Leftovers
Sunday-Great Grandma Murray's she made corn, roast, mashed potatoes and gravy, rolls, sweet pickles and ice cream for dessert. She so spoils us!

1 comment:

katie said...

I'm impressed! I don't think I would have such a wonderful menu with two sick kids!! Looks yummy!